- Fixed: bug on setting wallpapers bigger than screen with cropping
- Fixed (#10): bug when opening next/previous folder and there was an image instead
- Fixed (#21): UnicodeDecodeError when opening the program if the username has non-ascii characters (probably; unable to reproduce & test)
- Fixed (#20): program freezing when opening a folder with many files
- Fixed: custom width was not working
- Modified: added double buffering in order to correctly display transparent GIF's
- Modified (#3): dragging always drags the image; it is now possible to add another action to left click
- Added (#22): option to automatically open first image in the folder
- Added: spanish (Mexico), german, russian translations (thanks Hector Castro, John Rhino and Dmitry Chirskov)
- Improved: loading speed for large files was greatly improved; mainly on Windows.
- Fixed: on Linux, files were being sorted sensitive to case.
- Added: rotation
- Added: option to show/hide hidden files (default: hide)
- Added: delete file (does not work inside compressed files)
- Added: thumbnails view (not working on Linux, where leads to random freezes)
- Added: status bar now shows the current fit option. You can change the fit option right-clicking it
- Added: all fit commands in the shortcut keys dialog. Now you can assign a shortcut to e.g. set the fit to "Fit window" which will actually change the fit type (the view > fit width/height commands just change the zoom of the current image and don't actually change the fit type).
- Added: option to hide menu and status (everything) on fullscreen
- Improved: support for adding compressed files inside compressed files to the favorites
- Added: pl_PL translation (thanks Michał)
- Added: Linux version
- Added: drag and drop support. You can drop files into Quivi in order to open them, and you can drag files from the file list in Quivi and drop in other applications.
- Fixed: compressed files with misnamed extensions are now handled correctly (e.g., if a .cbz file has a .cbr extension, it can be opened now)
- Fixed: refresh now invalidates the cache, so if you change the image you're viewing and refresh, the new version will be shown
- Fixed (I think): error "ValueError: timestamp out of range for platform localtime()/gmtime() function" which may be caused by files with too old modified dates.
- Fixed: "Too many open files" error after opening too many files
- Fixed: "Unable to open image" or "Access violation" error when opening some image files
- Added: portable mode in options. Now Quivi supports "true" pen drive / usb stick usage (in portable mode, the settings are saved in the program folder)
- Added: background color customization in options
- Added: Spanish (Chile) translation (thanks Alvaro)
- Fixed: bug that would incorrectly sort files inside compressed files with folders (would sort by the file name only, not by the full path inside the compressed file)
- Fixed: bug that would make "Update available" appear when there wasn't any
- Fixed: bug that would prevent opening "My Computer"
- Fixed: bug that would prevent adding drives to favorites
- Added: "Fit window" and "Fit window if oversize" fit options
- Added: reverse prefetch — when browsing upwards, will prefetch correctly
- Added: support for non-ascii (e.g. with accents / diacritics) filenames inside ZIP files (fixes errors like "UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xa5 in position 0: ordinal not in range(128)")
- Improved: cache holds one more image
- Improved: status bar now shows the full path of the selected item
- Improved: .exe description changed from "Manga/comic reader and image viewer" to "Quivi". This will change the text show on the "Open with..." menu when right clicking the file. But Windows caches this text, so if you had Quivi installed and want the text to change, you must delete the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache\<Path tho Quivi>" key in the registry (do at your own risk).
- Fixed: bug opening RAR files (should get rid of "access violation" errors)
- Fixed: prefetch wasn't always working (specially with big images)
- Fixed: a required DLL (msvcp90.dll) wasn't being shipped, which would prevent Quivi from being opened in some setups.
- Added: support for unicode filenames inside RAR files
- Improved: Space is set to "Select/open next" as default again (you still have to set it in the Options dialog if you have already installed Quivi)
- Improved: When opening a directory its first image is prefetched
- Fixed: Update was shown as available even after updating
- Fixed: Would not open more images inside RAR files after opening several of them
The biggest fear of any developer: a horrendous bug that would prevent the program from running if the user have never installed Quivi (so it worked for me!). Sorry!
- Fixed: silly bug that would prevent the program from opening
- Improved: next image prefetch; allows faster reading
- Added: wallpaper dialog
- Added: start directory option
This is a completely rewritten from scratch version of Quivi. (Why?) Unfortunately, some features were not reimplemented yet. Some of these are:
- Password support for zip and rar files
- Last opened folders history
I'll try to implement them back, but some of them might be a little tricky. If you want some of them badly, tell me and I'll give it priority!